Nail that shot!
We have photographed more than 300 wedding couples, weddings, and portrait sessions, and are passionate about sharing our experiences.
"Nail that shot!" is a fun but intensive opportunity to help you develop into a better photographer. We will share tools for the abstract, like how we think and solve problems when we are on assignments; and also concrete tools like how we set-up multiple lighting arrangements. By simplifying our processes into systems that govern how we work, we develop clear methods that you can use to create your own compositions and further improve your own style.
Our workshop is a full two days that will focus on the following areas
- Thinking creatively and finding inspiration in the everyday :- We will teach you how we find inspiration to make those cool images in the most random places
- Learning how to light better and using the light to tell impactful stories :- Lighting is a challenge for most photographers especially when shooting under pressure. We will break it all down into the simple steps we use.
- Low-light and night-time photography :- Sometimes we are tasked with shooting in places with no light at all, with no time to set up complex lighting, We will show you how to make the most out of those locations.
- Improved interactions with subjects that lead to better posing :- This is an essential part of the story-making process. We need to know how to connect with our subjects. We have developed some tricks that enable us to get the images we want to get every time!
- Capturing story telling moments with impactful compositions :- It seems straightforward until you have to do it. We will teach you to find the scene, and fuel you with confidence to get this done.
- Perfecting Post production and workflow using Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and Photo Mechanic :- All our editing secrets and recipes will be presented. We won't hold anything back.
- Hands-on shooting assignment :- We have models and REAL couples. You will have an opportunity to apply what you have learned with our direct guidance.
- Image critiques to fine-tune the bits that need fine-tuning :- After the hands-on shoot, we will gather together to share our experiences and discuss in detail how specific images could be improved.
We want to push you past what you may think are your limits, and we will be there to support you the whole way so you can get the most you possibly can out of these intense two days.
WORKSHOP in Charleston, SC
July 16th and 17th, 2018
Charles Towne Landing, Founders Hall, 1500 Old Towne Road, Charleston, SC 29407
There are lovely hotels in the Charleston area but we recommend that you stay at The Francis Marion Hotel. To get the reduced rate of $129 per night use the code "nail that shot photography workshop" before the deadline date of June 17th, 2018.
investment : $1199 ($150 discount if you sign up before June 17th)
There is a 50% deposit required to hold your place at the workshop. You can make payments via Venmo (olajide-alakija). The remaining balance is due 21 days before the workshop. Your deposit is non-refundable.
The registration is on a first come, first serve basis. The workshop is limited to 10 participants. If you register after the workshop fills up you will be put on a waiting list in case a participant withdraws. To register you need to send a 50% deposit to our payment via Venmo (olajide-alakija). Once your money has been paid your place will be noted. We will then add you to a the group of workshop participants on our Facebook page. The workshop will start from there.
Can't see the submit button? Follow this link instead